Trends in teaching Writing by.....Martina Humphreys

via GIPHY

During the course of 3 weeks,I embarked on a journey to learn more about, Strategies in teaching Writing. Among the 25 strategies, Gallery Walk was one of the strategies that stood out the most to me and one that I will definitely use in the classroom. A gallery walk is used to provide students with a hands on experience to learn more about a topic, through the use of objects, pictures or both.

via GIPHY

Some students may not be able to identify with what is being taught to them due to lack of life experiences. Moreover, a gallery walk allows students to observe and become involved in what is happening around them during a lesson. However there were many challenges brought to my attention after learning about the strategies, but one in particular peeked my interest the most. Writing requires simultaneous coordination of a variety of skills.For example, it requires phonics, grammer, organizing ideas, etc, all at the same time. In my observation as a teacher, many students have trouble grasping and perfecting a number of skills involved in writing, therefore combining all the skills necessary in writing may prove to be very difficult. As I continue to further enhance my skills as a teacher, I hope to aid my students into becoming better writers.

via GIPHY

Comments

  1. I loved your grand entrance Martina :) However, the part where you said that "combining all the skills necessary in writing is proved to be difficult." I believe that everything is taken by a process, the students may not grasp everything at one time but it takes constant practice from the students and great determination and consistency from the teacher in order for the students to become excellent writers. Remember the sky is the limit!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection on Unit 5 (Promoting Writing in the Primary Grades) & Unit 6 (Designing Writing Assessments and Assignments for the Primary Grades) by Matrisha Williams

Reflection on Unit 2- (Writing as a Stage, Process and a Trait By Matrisha Williams)

Reflection on Unit 2- Writing as a Stage, a Process and a Trait by Martina Humphreys